Getting some sun is one of the greatest pleasures of the summer. It fills us with energy, revitalizes us, and contributes to our body’s production of vitamin D, among many other benefits. But if the proper care is not taken, the solar rays could seriously damage your skin.
In order to enjoy the sun freely, here are some tips to avoid hurting yourself:
- Avoid contact with ultraviolet rays in the hours in which the sun is at its peak, meaning in between 10 AM and 4 PM.
- Use a sunscreen with a factor higher than 30 and apply it half an hour before going into the sun. Re-apply every two hours if possible.
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to the zones you might forget about like your ears, the nape of your neck, your shoulders and the top of your feet.
- Use sunscreen even when overcast.
- Don’t use any perfumes or other alcohol based products to avoid staining your skin.
- Drink lodes of water and hydrate your skin with lotion to avoid dryness.
Follow these steps and you’ll be able to enjoy your summer to the fullest!
Source: Backstory Contents